Monday, April 29, 2013

Currently Available - Directly from me.....

Updated 12/21/23

These are the pieces I currently have available - on one concise page. I will keep this list current by removing the pieces that have sold. This will give you an image, size, price, and a link to each piece available as of today. Please let me know if you're interested, if I can answer any questions, or if you need more photos - here

"Mixed Messages" handmade quilt - 44" x 29"    $480. 

  "Shindig" - 15.5" x 26" x 10"   $4850.

 

"Roaraphone" - 21.5" x 32.5" x 5.25"   $1740.


*** I put some of my smaller pieces (available on Etsy) here ---->  


 "24" Quilt  87" x 103", $2450.  (Fits King or Queen, shown here on King.)                     

 
"Interdependence" 23" x 72" x 8", $19,500.   Blog Post --- Movie --- Another Movie
***Note - this piece can not be shipped. It will have to be delivered by a private art carrier. Or if you're in the eastern half of the US, I could personally drive it to your location, and set it up. (Delivery charges will apply.) Please contact me and I'm sure we can figure something out. Thanks.


"Tic Tok" 17" x 43" x 15", $2850.   Blog Post --- Movie 


  "The Seeker"  21" x 12" x 20", $7140.   Blog Post  --- Movie
  

 

 

"Sculpture #56" 10" x 18.5" x 7.5", $465.


Please let me know if you need more info on any of these pieces, here.

I also have smaller pieces on my Etsy site here.

Besides my hand-crafted artworks above, I also have some of my images printed on T-shirts, phone cases, bags, and other practical and decorative items. These are produced worldwide by Redbubble - so no matter where you are, they will ship from a facility near you.
The Link to my Redbubble shop is here. Go look.

Thanks for looking!

tom

15 comments:

  1. Hi Tom! I am a big fan of your work. I'm playing around with kinetic art and I was curious which variety / brand of polymer clay you use for your figure heads. Do you have to bake it?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim, I use a mixture of Super Sculpey and Primo (by Sculpey). Yes you have to bake it - I use an old toaster oven.
    Glad you like my work.
    tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, fantastic stuff. Would you recommend a few books that would help me better understand the types of mechanisms you employ in your awesome work? BTW, would love to know what sort of treatment the faces on your characters get. Anything you could share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like my work Nuggetz.
    Yes, I like this book - it's simple but helps you understand the basic principles -
    http://www.cabaret.co.uk/store/books/cabaret-mechanical-movement/
    They have other books too.
    I sculpt my faces from a special mix of Super Sculpey and Primo. I paint them with acrylic paint. Age them with a watery wash of raw umber, and then lightly sand them. Then they get a coat of paste wax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know someone is reading this.
    Whenever I have a piece where a head is turning, the head is on a rod that goes down through the figure's body. Down into the base where it is connected to a cam follower, that is moved by the cam. I have to design the body so there's a straight leg to run the rod down through. It's pretty straightforward.
    PS don't go crazy - I like these questions......
    tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very good. Giorgio Florio - Italy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Tom, so inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tom, Fabulous work!
    Would you be willing to offer some advise please?

    I make papier mache figures (I use dowling inside for limbs etc) and I would like to develop them a bit more and have them doing some simple movement.

    What kind of motor and power supply would I need to make them move?

    Would be so grateful for any pinters you can offer.

    Thanks, Steve, Essex UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steve, I use slow RPM motors, 12 - 2 RPM. I also use cams and levers that I make. If you need more info you can email me - tom at tomhaney.com.
    Best,
    tom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tom! Amazing work. Would love to see in person. Do you ever show in SF or do demo's.
    Your work tells a story. So unique and cool.

    Alicia - San Francisco CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia, Funny you should ask. I'm organizing a - yet to be announced - automata show for the Spring in SF. I'm working to have 4 pieces completed for it. We hope to have firm dates soon, and I will be posting here and on Facebook all about it.
      Will that work?
      tom

      Delete
  11. Hi Tom, I really love your work! It is very inspiring. I have an idea for a project that will involve two marionettes. Do you have any advice on setting up such a movement? One of the figures will hold a sword and hopefully raise and lower his sword arm. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Will, Can you send me more detail via email? tom at tomhaney.com

      tom

      Delete
  12. Sorry Ijust want to ask you where can I find one of your calendars

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rosa, Here ---> https://www.etsy.com/listing/207171584/unique-2016-art-calendar-by-tom-haney?ref=shop_home_active_7

    ReplyDelete