Monday, March 18, 2013

Stars of "Boxcar Fair" For Sale......

After much contemplation, I've decided to sell these two special figures who play a prominent role in Little Tybee's 2012 music video "Boxcar Fair". If you haven't seen it can be found here on YouTube, and here on Vimeo. These two notable figures appear in the Fortune Teller's tent scene - go watch it if you haven't seen it.

To date, I've used just one of the five figures from the video project - the Swimmer has been transformed into my piece "Swim the Sea". Looking at the Wanderer and the Fortune Teller, a friend recently mentioned he likes them just as they are - just like they're seen in the video. After thinking about it, I have to agree, these pieces are great just how they are. They would look especially great sitting on a table, or looking down from a shelf in your home.

So available for you now - fans of my work, fans of Little Tybee, or both(!) - The Wanderer and The Fortune Teller, for the price of $1200. each. Contact me through my website here, if you're interested in one, or both pieces. They are sold as seen, chairs included. So here's your chance to own a little bit of history, and a special piece of my work.

Over 50 hours went into the creation of each figure - each a labor of love. Both figures were hand-carved from basswood, and the heads were sculpted out of polymer clay. All the clothes were designed and fabricated by me.  The heads turn and the arms move on both figures.

Click on the pictures for a close-up view.

The Wanderer ------ 14" tall.

SOLD



The Fortune Teller ---------  15 1/2" tall.

SOLD

 
 

{The in-process images can be seen here for The Wanderer, and here for The Fortune Teller.}

Thanks,

tom

No comments:

Post a Comment