I've finished my latest commission and have named her "Serene".
As always, click on the images for a larger view.
The polymer clay head after painting and aging.
Her head in my hand - which gives a sense of scale.
I love this shot; the light coming through the window was perfect.
Serene's body, painted and ready to be assembled. The tape on the torso helps me position the legs.
Her legs after they were glued in place.
Here I'm stitching up the front of her dress.
I always have to cut my clothes up the back to get them on the figures - then I stitch up the back. For this dress I'll cover the stitches with a piece of trim.
The final shot of Serene.
I placed her on a base made from a vintage tin and a piece of Plexiglas. I very rarely use any kind of plastic, but I wanted to give the feel that she was standing on ice. You can see through to the bottom of the tin, which I think is a nice effect.
A close-up of her head.
A detail shot of the skates.
I cut two holes in the Plexiglas to accept the posts on her skate. You can see the tip of the skate on her left foot rests perfectly on the "ice" - sometimes things work out perfectly........